I can’t believe I’m leaving for Nigeria in a few short weeks! Thank you all so much for your support as I begin a new chapter in the story of what God is doing in my life. I am so excited to get to partner with the Nigerian translators and to learn as much as I can. Here is my projected schedule for the summer:
June 21-22:
Travel to Nigeria!
June 23-June 25:
Settle in and work with Katy Barnwell, the coordinator for Nigeria Luke Partnerships (translating the Book of Luke and then dubbing The Jesus Film in local languages).
June 26-27:
Staff briefing for the Translation Checking Workshop. Getting to know each other, discussing methodology, and assigning teams.
June 29-July 10:
Translation Checking Workshop. This is to help Nigerian teams check their translations for accuracy and clarity. It is also to help train consultants-in-training (that’s me!).
July 13-31:
The Beech Cluster Workshop: People from 12 language groups will come to work on translating Luke into their own languages. They began in 2006 and hope to finish in 2010. I will work under a consultant with one of the languages to help them check their translations for accuracy and naturalness.
August 1-6:
Visit with a local translation project accompanying a consultant to observe and participate.
August 7-8:
Travel back to Dallas.
PRAY:
1) That the translators would finish their portions they are translating before coming to the workshops.
2) That God would provide the health, safety, and transportation all of these workers need to come to the workshops.
3) For a time of fellowship, encouragement, and training in the Spirit.
May the Lord bless you greatly for being a part of this work to reach the world with the Truth of Christ!
1 Corinthians 15:57, 58
“But thanks be to God, who gives us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ. Therefore, my beloved brethren, be steadfast, immovable, always abounding in the work of the Lord, knowing that your labor is not in vain in the Lord.”
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment